Land Ownership Made Easy
Open Plains Properties offers incredible land deals at affordable prices. We look for great deals and offer them to you with no credit checks required. Our process is simple.
1. Find your dream property!
Look through our inventory to find what resonates with you and join our VIP list to get first look and access to properties as they come available.
2. Secure your land!
Once you’re ready to buy, we have two types of sales: cash sales and term-financed properties.
We’ll take payment for your property by major credit card. Quick, easy and secure. We accept all major credit cards so you can secure your land investment today. We have a Secure SSL Certificate on our website to protect your confidential data, and all payments are processed by a professional third party processor. We also accept cash, checks, money orders, wire transfers, and debit cards.
After receiving your payment, we will prepare and send you a Purchase Sale Agreement that you will sign. You provide us the legal name (or names) you want on the your Deed. Once we have this information, we will prepare and record the new Deed with the county and the property will legally be yours. As a bonus, we will cover all recording fees and transfer taxes associated with the sale. Quick and easy!
Owner financed properties
We make financing easy. No credit check. No need for credit approval. Just make your down payment and we’ll prepare the necessary documents and a land contract. Once the land contract is signed, you are free to enjoy your property.
Recurring payments begin in approximately 30 days and once the payments are complete, we’ll process the paperwork and send your deed to you.
3. Enjoy your land!
That’s it! We really couldn’t make it any simpler. Reach out to us and let’s hook you up with some land of your own.
How We Work
Documentation fee: We charge a $250 documentation fee with every transaction
The down payment, which includes the documentation fee and a percentage of the down payment that goes towards the total price, secures the property and gets us started on the closing documentation process.
Once the Document Fee & Down Payment are received and we get the needed information from you (name(s) for the Deed and a contact mailing address) we will send a Purchase Sale Agreement for e-signatures via an electronic signing service Signnow
We will draft the Deed in about 1 business day and send to you for review.
After you send us the remaining balance of the cost of property via wire transfer or check, we will e-record the Deed with the County, by which the property is transferred into your name, and send a copy of the Deed to you. The e-recording of the Deed happens within 1-2 business days after the payment has cleared if it was sent by check.
Usually closing takes place within 1 week
The down payment that is a percentage of the total price, secures the property and acts as earnest money.
Once the Down Payment is received and we get the needed information from you (name(s) for the PSA and a contact mailing address) we will send a Purchase Sale Agreement for e-signatures via an electronic signing service Signnow
The Purchase Sale Agreement will list all the terms of the transaction: purchase price and how the closing costs are covered. We usually cover the closing costs on 50-50 rule: we split the difference, unless is negotiated otherwise
As soon as the Purchase Sale Agreement is signed by all parties, and we each get an executed copy for our records, I will send a copy to the Title Company and they will proceed with the closing. Further instructions will be sent by them.
Usually closing takes place within 30 days
We use a land contract and a promissory note to formalize the agreement. These document the terms of the deal (price & duration), gives you a guarantee that we are selling the property to you and documents that once payments are complete the title will be transferred in your name via a Warranty Deed. Conveyance of Title does not hinder the buyers to enjoy their property for recreational purposes. We do not allow development of the property while the payments are made
- Documentation fee: We charge a $250 documentation fee with every transaction
- The down payment, which includes the documentation fee and a percentage of the down payment that goes towards the total price, secures the property and gets us started on the closing documentation process.
- Once we get some information from you (the name(s) for the contract, and a contact address and ph#) we draft the paperwork in about 1 business day and send to you for review and e-signatures via an electronic signing service Signnow.
- We typically start monthly payments 30 days after the contract gets signed, but we can also be really flexible if there’s a particular date you’d want payments to hit. And for payments, we use an automated collection service that pulls regular payments with a bank draft or credit/debit card and allows you to access your account status anytime as well as make extra payments manually should you want to. We use an online application GeekPay for loan servicing. Please note that for the regular monthly payments will be drafted automatically as mentioned above and you don’t need to remember to make them manually each month.
- A form by which we collect the details to set up the loan will be sent shortly after the contact is executed and we will need it back within 5 days max in order to set up the loan in our system in timely manner.
- Anytime there are changes in your method of payment: if you want to switch a bank account or you have a new credit card, please notify us as soon as possible
- There are no early payoff penalties! Once the principal is paid in full, we convey the title to you within 30 days. We charge $0 for preparing and recording your deed. If you would like to use a title company we will split the total costs on 50-50 rule
We charge a $250 documentation fee with every transaction for cash or terms sales. We charge this to reserve your property, prepare paperwork and assist you though the closing process.
We charge a $10 note servicing fee for any terms sales and additional we prorate the taxes on a monthly basis. While you are in terms contract with us we pay the property taxes on your behalf directly with the county Treasurer’s office.
Cash Transactions are final and no refunds/exchanges will be issued
Term buyers have 30 days after the down payment date to exchange or get a partial refund for their purchase. The refund would include down payment but excludes payment processing and inconvenience fee of $50 and documentation fee of $250